|WHAT WE DO |
|What Mission Opportunities Do We Offer? |
MOST Ministries provides opportunities for people to be strategically and personally involved in mission work through "Goer" and "Sender" activities.
A "Goer" is someone who joins a short-term mission team. With Christ as our example, each MOST Ministries team strives to address: the physical and spiritual needs of people.
A "Sender" is someone who contributes their time, talent, or treasure to help our mission team members go out to serve. Senders:
- Make or purchase witnessing items to share the Gospel message
- Make or collect eyeglasses
- Collect or provide other mission supplies
- Provide prayer support
- Provide financial support
- Volunteer in the MOST Ministries office
|Where Do Mission Teams Go? |
Each year MOST Ministries receives numerous team requests from across the globe. Our teams have served in rural and urban settings and locations on five continents and in 52 countries.
|What Do Mission Teams Do? |
Teams minister to the physical and spiritual needs of people. Projects include: Agricultural Education, Clean Water Outreach, Construction, Dental Clinics, English Camp, Eyeglass Clinics, Health Education, Medical Clinics, Music and/or Sports Camp, ministries for Women, Men, and Youth. Programs expand every year as new requests are received from the mission field. We carefully and prayerfully consider requests and offer those which will enhance the strategic plans of local pastors and missionaries in the mission field.
Individuals and groups form teams. “Organizational Teams” consist of people from the same organization such as a congregation, school, family, LWML district, small group, or other assembly. “Individual Teams” consist of people from different locations or several smaller groups. Typically, the minimum age for team members with a parent on the team is 12-years old, without a parent on the team, the minimum age is 14. Some projects are designated as “Family-friendly” and for those trips, the minimum age is 10-years old. Eighty and ninety-year old individuals have served on numerous mission teams. It is never too late to find a service opportunity that fits you!
|What Services Does MOST Ministries Provide for Mission Teams? |
- Consultation in choosing project and location
- Air travel arrangements
- In-country arrangements (i.e. project set-up, housing, food, interpreters, ground transportation, sightseeing…etc.)
- Traveler’s health insurance
- Liability protection
- Pre-field preparation and training
- Pre-field Bible study
- Medical bag and protocols
- Crisis Management
- On-the-field leadership by a first aid and CPR certified MOST Ministries Team Leader
- 24/7 on-call support from MOST Ministries while on the field
- Post-field training and Bible studies
- Post-field care & support